How are y’all doing?!
We all know how imperative it is to make sure that your Makeup lasts longer and doesn’t look worn out, while making you look all dull. And I totally know, there are times when we cannot really touch-up too.
To not get into such situations, It’s always better to ensure your makeup stays in place for a longer period and here are some quick tips for you to go through;
- Exfoliate : Before applying makeup, you need to make sure your skin is naturally clean and healthy, no matter what products you buy, how expensive they may be, if you’re skin isn’t healthy and clean you cannot really have a better foundation to your makeup. Exfoliate your skin to get rid of dead cells.
- Moisturize and Matte it: Start with using a moisturizer so that your skin doesn’t get flaky or dry after makeup, also dilute the moisturizer to ensure it’s not oily as well.
- Primer: Never go on without a primer. It’s the key product to make your makeup long lasting as it locks the makeup in place. Choose a primer that is hydrating and doesn’t have too much of silicon.
- Foundation: when it comes to foundation, I suggest you must use your concealer only to the areas that need coverage i.e. dark circles or blemishes etc, while using a foundation with medium coverage. If you naturally have a clean and clear skin you could opt for BB creams rather than foundation. Also, know that Blending is your key! I’ve always been telling this, the more you blend the better your foundation looks and stays, rather than getting patchy and cakey.
- Powder: Do not forget to mattify your foundation using your loose powder especially on your “T” zone.
- Eyeliner, Mascara and shadows: We are most of the times using powder shadows so they anyway last long, you could use an eye primer to get a better effect of your shadows. Using a waterproof eyeliner and mascara is something we all know, Though if you are someone who’s eyeliner still smudges off, what you could do is, take some black shadow and dab some over the eyeliner, this is what makes your liner last long, smudge free and also jet black (you could practice this for any color eyeliner).
- Matte Lips: Matte lipsticks last longer than the glossy ones, so prefer them always. Maping your Lips is equally important, to give proper structure and grip to your Lips.
- Lock your Makeup: Lastly, you could get a makeup fixer spray and that gets your work done. Just a spray a little from a distance of 10-12 inches and let it settle down and you are ready to rock!
There’s nothing more annoying then looking into the mirror to see that your makeup is diminished and looks dull and cakey. To ensure its hassle free, follow these few tips and do tell me about your upshot!!
Much Love, xoxo