Today we talk about all the Makeup Trends that are rapidly gaining lot of popularity. It’s sometimes great to be trying them out and being the unique one in the crowd and thus you gotta be updated with all the trends and here are a few that you need to know about.
- NON-TOURING : First we came across contouring, then strobing and now its time for the Non-Touring. It gives a soft and natural look rather than the heavy contoured look. More like day – light makeup look, giving a glow from within. Its kinda more like spanx for the skin, you know you are wearing it but no one’s supposed to see it. Essentials, Primer, Tinted Moisturizer and Highlighter.
How To Do It : Pick a primer that’s right for your skin type. If you got an oily skin, go for something that looks dewy or has luminous shimmer and is not super matte.
– Since it’s a natural look, a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream would do the job, instead of a heavy foundation. Incase you have a problematic skin or any blemishes, you could use some concealer as a spot treatment.
– Lastly, you need a highlighter, as we know highlighting is a huge trend right now, so pick up a highlighter that flatters your skintone and looks great on you. Use the highlighter on the face where light hits you naturally which is basically above the cheekbones, under the brow bone, down the bridge of the nose and the cupid’s bow.
2. Face Baking or Sand Bagging : It’s a makeup technique that gives a flawless skin. It is used to set in the highlighted areas of the face and it literally vanishes fine lines, creases and pores.
How To Do It : Firstly do your foundation and concealer like you normally do, then pick up a cream foundation that’s two shades lighter than your skin tone, highlight the areas where light hits you naturally, that’s the bridge of your nose, chin and forehead. Use a damp beauty blender to blend the foundation well.
– Take your favourite loose powder (RECOMENDED: BEN EYE BANANA POWDER) with your damp beauty blender and press the powder generously on the highlighted areas. You could also contour your face without actually contouring, by using a damp square blender and the loose powder on the hollows of your cheeks, which then gives a sharp and a contoured look.
– Let the powder set on your face for a good 5-10 minutes. wait for it to “bake” your face and then use a fluffy brush to sweep the excess powder and Boom! your skin is all pore free, flawless and highlighted!! This is a must try technique!! I’m gonna do it in the look coming up next to show you how it actually looks!!
3. Negative Space Eyeliner : It’s basically drawing a line on the crease of your eyelids or even lower lash line, that adds a glam and edgy touch to your eyemakeup.
How To Do It : Using the flat part of the chisel liner, apply the tip along the upper lash line from the center of the lid to the outer corner. Next, turn the liner on its side and apply the thinner edge from the inner corner, joining the center line.
– Using the thin edge, follow the lower lash line upwards to create a precise feline flick. Remember to give your wing enough length to leave room for the “negative space.”
– Finally, starting at the outer point of your flick, reverse your liner, drawing parallel to your lash line, stopping approximately 1/3 along your lid. Voilà! Graphic liner with a negative space twist.
4. Coloured Lashes : Mixing up a bright lash hue like blue, yellow etc to compliment the eyeliner or even wear it alone, that makes you look 20% more cooler and quirky. Mascara has stepped up its game too and this is also a must try a trend!! Just use a coloured mascara like the normal black mascara, coloured mascara are available in the market.
5. Gloss Over : It’s a sticky new makeup trend that you have to smear all over your face, which is patting a thin layer of vaseline over the cheekbones and lids and under the eyes and lips. I personally do not like this one as it’s really gonna be difficult to carry and i feel its gonna be a mess. But anyway this is another trend that is up this year.
6. Glitter Tears : This trend came from the New York fashion week and people literally went gaga over the glitter tears. It’s basically light dusting, statement making stack of sparkle, under the eyes to hide the dark circles with the glitter using moisturizer to make them stick. Totally gonna try this one as well!! Its gonna look so much attractive!!
So These are a few trends that i really wish to try!! Comment below and let me know which one excites you to try out!!
Much Love, xoxo