Coffee, Contour and Confidence is all that we need!! 💁 Contouring is like addiction to me, once you start with it, you cannot do without it! Thanks to Kim Kardashian, she has made contouring and highlighting so important in our lives along with making our contouring goals more stronger and sharper!! 😄Contouring, a technique previously reserved for models and fancy shoots, is now a basic everyday routine in every girls life. It’s simply giving shape to an area of the face and enhancing the facial structure through makeup. A bronzer blush is used to add on your jaw lines, creating an illusion and thus making them look sharper! How amazing makeup is! isn’t it? It can do wonders!!
Contouring and Highlighting are like chocolate syrup and vanilla, great together and they go hand in hand. Highlighting (strobing) is basically adding light to your face and thus accentuating your face. Contouring and highlighting areas differ from face to face due to different face shapes.
- Diamond face shape : Contour – Area below cheekbones, starting from ears and ending in the middle of your cheeks.
Highlight – Under your eyes in an upside down triangle shape and along your brow bone. Also, in the middle of your forehead and chin.
- Heart face shape : Contour – Sides of your forehead and temples, area below your cheekbones starting from your ears and ending in the middle of your cheeks. On the small area right below your chin.
Highlight – Under your eyes in a triangle shape. Also in the middle of your forehead and middle of your chin.
- Oblong face shape: Contour – Along hairline, under your chin area and below cheekbones starting from your ears and ending in the middle of your cheeks.
Highlight – Under your eyes in a triangle shape.
- Oval face shape : Contour – Sides of your forehead, area below cheekbones.
Highlight – Middle of your forehead and chin. Under eyes.
- Rectangle face shape: Contour – Sides of your forehead to make your hairline appear narrow. Under your jaw bone and area below your cheekbones.
Highlight – In the middle of your chin. Under your eyes and brow bone to brighten your eyes.
- Round face shape: Contour – sides of your forehead, area below cheekbones and then curving down to your jaw lines.
Highlight – Middle of your forehead and chin and under your eyes.
- Square face shape : Contour – sides of your forehead, under your jaw bones and below your cheekbones.
Highlight – Middle of your forehead and middle of your chin. Under eyes and along the brow bone.
- Follow the E and 3 technique if you do not want a precise contouring and highlighting.
- Basically, contour the areas where you want to recede and highlight where you want to stand out.
- Also, your products matter a lot. It can break or make your contouring and highlighting experience.
- Do not forget to sculpt your nose using contour and highlight.
- Do not use shimmery bronzers for your contouring ( if using a brown blush) Use matte ones.
- Go as per skin tone, fairer tones do not need too dark contour, just go one or two shades darker to your original skin tone. Same rule applies for darker skin.
- Make sure it looks subtle.
- Blend and blend! The more you blend, the better it looks.
- Get an angled brush to it under the cheekbones and jaw lines.
- Add a good shade blush above the contour.
So this was about the contour and highlight, Get your jaw game strong with these techniques!!