So, here comes my favourite blog! I love doing hairdos specially braides. Summer is the time when you want to do your hairstyling rather than leaving your hair all open in this hot weather. Try out some quirky and pretty hairstyles and don’t be afraid to do something different or being inventive or creative. So grab your bobby pins and start twinning for an at home makeover! Also add some bow clips, ribbons, tie-ups and pretty accessories for some extra drama! So the first hairdo is;
- The Rocking Half-Updo
This looks like an absolute stunner! separate the top half of your hair from the bottom half and tie it into a pony tail, make sure it is secured tightly. Teasing the pony tail at the end of the elastic, twist it around and secure it with some bobby pins. finish by adjusting it to the shape you want and tadaa youre ready to rock!!
2. The Fish Tail Braid
The easiest way to do fish tail braids is, firstly tie your hair into a low ponytail using a throwaway elastic, one that can snip away with scissors at the end. Divide your ponytail evenly into two sections. Use your finger to separate a small section of your hair from the outer edge near the elastic and cross it over to the opposite side, overlapping it. Re-grip your hair to tighten plait, still holding two sections. Repeat with a small section from the other side, maintain the evenness, try to grab the same size sections from each side.
3. Messy buns
A bun is a must do for summer. It is probably the easiest updo that u can do yourself. With medium length hair that id not thick enough, you may lack body which eventually tells you the bun’s size. Backcombing/teasing the hair helps to add body and visually enlarge the buns size.
4. Rose braid ponytail
- Start by taking a triangular section on the side. The size of the section will depend on the amount of hair. If you have super thick hair, take a slightly smaller section. If you have thinner hair, you’ll want to take a little more hair. I usually take a section from the hairline to right behind the ear.
- Next, create an inside-out or dutch braid with that section and tie it off loosely with a clear elastic.
- Gently pull your braid apart to fatten it up/widen it.
- Once you have your braid thickened up and textured, spray some fine mist hairspray all over everything that’s not in the braid.
- Now grab everything, the braid and the rest of the hair and gather into a high pony. Secure using a thicker stronger elastic.
- Take a small strand of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the ponytail holder to cover it up, then pin underneath using a bobbypin.
- Add some wave with a wand if desired!
5. Criss-cross bun
Section your hair as shown in the picture. Secure other hair into a ponytail and twist them around into a bun. Grab one section from either of the side and tuck it with bobby pins, around the bun and similarly the other section and therefore creating a criss cross look.
6. The simple twist trick
7. Waterfall braid
To start your waterfall twist, take 2 sections of hair. Cross the section of hair along your hairline over the other section so its going away from your face. Take a new section of hair from the top of ur head and let it fall from the top of the section you just pulled away from your face. Drop the section of hair you just placed so it falls through your twist creating that waterfall effect. Take the bottom section of hair and pull it over the waterfall section then take another section and repeat until it reaches the length you want. For this look we just braided one side until it reached the back of the head.
8. Voluminous ponytail
Secure a tight ponytail, take the upper section of the ponytail and tease it and smooth out the upper part and thus giving volume to your ponytail.
9. Double french braides
Begin an inverted fishtailbraid by splitting your loose hair into 2 equal sections. Take a piece from the left strand and cross it under, then merge with the right strand. Then take a piece from the right strand, cross it under then merge with the left strand. Continue this all the way down.
10. Twisted halo
So these are some easy and quick hairstyles that could be done for these sweaty and summer days and also help yourself look stylish enough to rock!!
Image Courtesy: Google
Also to remind you, tomorw is the last day for the Q&A blog. If you haven’t mailed/commented me your questions yet, do that noww💁 and i shall put up your answers in the blog that will be posted on 11th May!!