Sorry for being inactive since 2-3 days! Well I am back with the most important Topic to blog about and that’s Expiration of your Beauty Products. This is probably the most Important thing to take care of when it comes to your Makeup and other Beauty stuff. If you are hanging on to your Skincare or Makeup past its expiration date, chances are microbes and bacteria have taken their toll and might be causing skin problems. It may seem harmless but expired beauty products cause a lot of damage to your skin as they carry a range of bacterial baddies. All your Beauty Products Expire. The tricky thing is the only products regulated as over the counter drugs ( sunscreens and anti acne treatments) have official expiration date stamped on their packaging. Average beauty product’s expiration date depends on when you first use them and how the product is packaged and stored. Using an expired product causes irritation, rashes, blemishes and various kinda infections of skin and eyes majorly.
Now, Trick is how would you know when the product needs to be tossed away. Here are the simple measures to be taken in order to recognize which products needs a replacement so that it doesnt affect you. Firstly, If a product seems unusually discolored or lumpy, has developed a strange odour, an unpleasent smell or feels different on the skin comparatively, then just discard it. All this is are a warning that you should stop using a particular product and that its expired and needs to be replaced with a new one. Also its never necessary that the product should be old to get expired, pay attention to your products, every time you use them.
- When it comes to your Makeup, Mascara (regular or waterproof) gel eyeliner, liquid or pencil gets expired within 4 to 6 months and needs to be replaced. Also do not try to put water or anything else in your mascara or liquid liner just to extend its life span.
- Cream, liquid or stick foundations and concealors needs a replacement every 6 months to 1 year. Powder based products (mineral makeup), every 2 to 3 years.
- Your Lipsticks, every 2 years.
- Powder eyeshadow and blush every 2 years.
- Your Shampoo and conditioner, Body lotion, perfume, hairspray, every 3 years.
- Lip balms every year.
- Cleansers every year.
- Tonners every 6 months to 1 year.
Also, here are some notions that you should take to maintain your products as well as keeping a check on your skincare and body.
- Store products in cabinet or drawers.
- Clean your hands well prior to using your products.
- Tighten the cap well after using the product.
- Write a date of purchase with a permanent ink so that you know when it expires.
- Always check expiration dates on your products before you use them on your skin to ensure its safe for you.
- Remember keeping your products into the refrigerator shortens their lifespan as they aren’t meant to be stored in a cold temperature on a long-term.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight.
- DO NOT share your products with everyone, specially lipsticks and glosses, it’s very unhygienic and unhealthy.
- Never “pump” your mascara.
- Do not forget to clean the cap if you drop it on the floor.
- Clean your brushes and sponge well after every use for a good hygiene purpose.
All this are a few measures that if taken, could be quite beneficial and also maintain a healthy skin. Eating right things and a good lifestyle is also necessary when talking about maintaing an healthy skin.
So, check your products and discard what doesn’t seem to be friendly anymore!